Reading Book Guide
The Ultimate Interactive Basic Training Workbook, by Sgt. Michael Volkin
The Ultimate Interactive Basic Training Workbook is a follow up to the bestselling title The Ultimate Basic Training Guidebook: Tips, Tricks, and Tactics for Surviving Bootcamp. This workbook tests new and prospective recruits on every aspect of boot camp training, showing you what you know, what you don't know, and how to prepare for the challenge of your life. We hope these thought-provoking questions lead to some lively book discussions.
- Discuss why the phonetic alphabet is so important and quiz each other by spelling items you see around you using phonetic letters.
- Discuss the differences in physical fitness among the different branches of the military.
- Discuss what you have learned about an M.R.E.
- Discuss what you have learned about the types of military weapons you will have access to at basic training.
- The "what would you do" scenarios in the book are actual scenarios you could experience in basic training. Discuss the answers you gave in this chapter.
- Quiz each other on military time.
- Quiz each other on military rank structure.
- Discuss the importance of stretching and review the common military stretches.
- Review the miscellaneous physical exercises a recruit does at basic training.
- Discuss why it is so important to properly prepare for basic training and why preparation in general is important to soldiers and military operations.