Author Topic: Call Out for Your Ed Bearss Photos!  (Read 2100 times)

SavasBeatieAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Call Out for Your Ed Bearss Photos!
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
Have you been on a Civil War battlefield tour led by Ed Bearss? If so, we'd love to see one of your photos from it!

We are preparing a book trailer to promote the release of The Petersburg Campaign: The Eastern Front Battles, June - August 1864, Volume 1 by Edwin C. Bearss, with Bryce A. Suderow. Included in the footage will be still photos and video of Savas Beatie patrons battlefield stomping with the one and only Bearss. Email us your favorite photo from one of your trips, and it just might appear in our book trailer. All submissions will automatically be entered into our April Libri Novus contest too!
Email photos to: lindy@savasbeatie.com

(Please note that emailing us the photo allows Savas Beatie the permission to use it in the book trailer for The Petersburg Campaign.)

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
Re: Call Out for Your Ed Bearss Photos!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »
I've never had the pleasure of an Ed Bearss tour, but based on the stories I've heard, this is my favorite photo entry that we've received so far.

(Thanks to John M. for this submission!)

Of course, the one on Mr. Bearss's Wikipedia page looks classic too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Bearss

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »
(Click on the photo I attached once and it'll get large enough to see the expression.)

CW4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »
LOL. I've been on four Bearss tours, and know that expression well!

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:40:38 PM »
Our book trailer designer is working on the book trailer for The Petersburg Campaign, Volume 1.

In addition to some great photos, we also received a video clip of Mr. Ed Bearss leading a tour that we will incorporate into the trailer.

We'll be sure to post the link here when it's available.

Sarah

Lindy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
It will be fun to see this trailer with the video clip. From the conversations I have had with Ed on the phone, it should be fun to see him in live action!

CW4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
Yes, Lindy. You're still a CW newbie, though, until you've been on a Bearss tour, that's for sure!