Author Topic: New Book  (Read 1570 times)

CW4ever

• View Profile
New Book
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »
Glad to see this section added when I hopped on today. What will your next book be, Mr. Knight? I picked up a copy of the New Market book while traveling last year and it was great. Thanks.

Charlie Knight

• View Profile
    • Valley Thunder: The Battle of New Market
Re: New Book
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
Glad you enjoyed Valley Thunder. My current project is a biography of William Mahone. The only book-length bio of him was done back in the '30s by Nelson Blake, and it concentrates on his post-Civil War years, covering the war itself in, as memory serves, less than 40 pages. (An enormous amount of source material exists on the man, though comparatively little from from before the war, but most people are deterred from delving into it by Mahone's handwriting - most folks describe it as illegible, but that's also how most describe mine; perhaps that's why deciphering his doesn't seem to phase me all that much...)

History101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »
It's nice to know that you have a project coming up! I really enjoyed Valley Thunder.  Any idea when the finished product will be available?

Charlie Knight

• View Profile
    • Valley Thunder: The Battle of New Market
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »
Thanks, I couldn't have asked for a better group to work with - particularly on a first book - than Ted, Sarah and the rest of the gang at SB.

As to completion date for Billy Mahone, it's gonna be a while - I haven't even started putting pen to paper (well, fingers to keyboard I suppose) yet. Still in the research phase on this one, and with the man having in essence three careers - CW, railroads, and politics - and the depth and complexity of the last of those three, well, you get the idea...

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »
Just started reading "Valley Thunder".  I've had the book and the Kindle book for a few months.  Since I see you are on here, I've put your book to the top of my reading list.  Thanks for the remark about the greatest cavalry commander and what I posted about Eric.

Take care!

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments, Charlie.

Denny - This visual might help you keep turning the pages in Valley Thunder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O4xRSWBGNY&feature=BFa&list=UU0dF8dGp79SYwY9VAHef9qA

Enjoy!