Author Topic: Daily Memo  (Read 6523 times)

Denny

• View Profile
Daily Memo
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
Just wondering what happened to today's "Daily Memo".  I bet you thought no one pays any attention to that.

Lindy

• View Profile
Re: Daily Memo
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
Was there no Daily Memo for Monday?

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:55:36 AM »
The Daily Memo for last Friday was still up yesterday.

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 01:18:06 PM »
Hi Denny. Looks like Ted might still be smoking that cigar from last week outside . . . guess it was a long one!

Here's a brief update until I prod Ted for another Daily Memo: Mona is working with some great National Guard contacts, I'm drafting some publicity material for the upcoming digital book Barack Obama, Abraham Lincoln, and the Structure of Reason with the authors, and we received the advanced copies of The Maps of Antietam in the office for final approval. Just lovely!

CW4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
When can we expect the Antietam book to be available?

SavasBeatieAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »
Thanks for checking. The printing is complete, the books are loaded on the boat, and are now making their was across the Atlantic as I finish up this newsletter. Once they reach the U.S., they will go through customs and be sent to our warehouses, and then on to you. It's been quite a wait, but well worth it. The book looks fabulous!  Check our website regularly for final release updates.

CW4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
Thanks. Too bad you don't give away one of those advanced copies to a lucky customer!  ;)

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
No daily memo for Thursday or Friday.  We need one of "Charlies Angels" to step up to the plate for daily reminders.  We don't want this turning into a trend.

Have a great weekend.  I'm off the the Ohio Civil War Show tomorrow.  Best Saturday of the year.

Denny

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
Ok, no Daily Memo last Thursday or Friday.  No Daily Memo on Monday or Tuesday of this week.  Nothing more will be said about it.  I promise.

Lindy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Uh oh...someone is going to have to get a talking-to about this Daily Memo business  :)

How was the Ohio Civil War show?

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »
Lindy, The Ohio Civil War Show had great weather, and I think a slightly larger crowd on Saturday.  Everything was pretty much the same as other years.  Plenty of artillery firing, Camp Chase Fifes and Drums from Columbus, Lincoln presenter,  6 or 7 buildings full of anything to do with the Civil War.  They added WW I, and WW II to the mix a few years ago, so you can find things from the Revolution through WW II.

I picked up 15 books, a Monitor and Virginia print, and a Sultana print. I also talked  with quite a few authors and publishers, including Eric.

I always wanted to go back up on Sunday to see if there were deals to be made at the end of the show, but it's about 165 mile round trip times 2.

Lindy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »
Wow! 15 books! That's great!

165 miles is rather a lot, but it sure sounds like it was fun!