Author Topic: Welcome to the Savas Beatie Forum  (Read 3207 times)

Richard Lowry

• View Profile
    • Richard S. Lowry
Welcome to the Savas Beatie Forum
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
Visit my website to learn more about me and my writing. Then, come back here to visit about "New Dawn."  I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about my work. I am looking forward to hearing from you all. http://www.NewDawnbook.com
Richard S. Lowry
author of
New Dawn

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
Re: Welcome to the Savas Beatie Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting this set up. I know our forum visitors who live in the DC area will be anxious to hear when you have book discussions and signings set up in their neck of the woods. Please post an upcoming schedule when you can.

Sarah

Richard Lowry

• View Profile
    • Richard S. Lowry
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
I currently have no plans for signings or appearances, but there are several things in the works. As soon as I have a firm commitment, I will let you all know. I have recently been informed that there will be a memorial ceremony to honor those Marines who made the ultimate sacrifice in the Battle for Nasiriyah. The ceremony and reunion will be held on the tenth anniversary of the first major fight of Operation Iraqi Freedom, March 23, 2013. There will be other events surrounding this reunion. I have already been asked to speak at the 1/2 Charlie Company dinner on 22 March, 2013.

Visit both sites for more info:

http://www.facebook.com/events/105915926127720/
http://www.facebook.com/events/291688227576744/
Richard S. Lowry
author of
New Dawn

History101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
Hi Mr. Lowry,

I was looking at the description of your book the other day. I don't normally read military science books (I am more of a Civil War person), but I was intrigued by the description. How did you come up with the personal accounts from 200 people? Were they all people you knew?

Richard Lowry

• View Profile
    • Richard S. Lowry
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
I started out interviewing the Commanding General of the 1st Marine Division. He told me that I needed to talk with several colonels. They, in turn, referred me to all the battalion commanders who referred me to their company commanders. Everyone I spoke with I asked, "Whom should I speak with?" Eventually, I worked my way down to the Lance Corporals. I interviewed nearly 200 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, embedded reporters and family members simply by referral.
Richard S. Lowry
author of
New Dawn