Author Topic: Why I wrote the Maps of Bull Run book  (Read 1208 times)

bgottfried

• View Profile
Why I wrote the Maps of Bull Run book
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:47:50 AM »
While I am very pleased with the way my Maps of First Bull Run turned out, from a marketing standpoint, it was probably not the wisest topic to work on after the very successful Maps of Gettysburg.  My intent at the time was to "run the table," preparing a book for each campaign in sequential order.  We quickly learned that First Bull Run was not a favorite battle.  We therefore selected the most popular battle after Gettysburg (in the Eastern Theater) and that is Antietam.  To be honest, I am 62 and don't know how many more of these books I can complete.  My goal is to have a book on every campaign, from First Bull Run to Appomattox.

In future posts, I will finish the story by explaining what book is being completed and what the next project will be.

Brad

CW4ever

• View Profile
Re: Why I wrote the Maps of Bull Run book
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »
Thank you for this story, Dr. Gottfried. I always like hearing a behind-the-scenes explanation from the author. Your map books have become essential to my collection at home, and for a trip to the field as well. Looking forward to the line up to come, no matter the order.

bgottfried

• View Profile
Re: Why I wrote the Maps of Bull Run book
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:17:30 AM »
Thanks for your kind words, and for reading my forum entries.  More to come!