Author Topic: Enjoying your book. Just have a comment  (Read 1913 times)

Robert

• View Profile
Enjoying your book. Just have a comment
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
Mr. Jordan

I am enjoying your book very much.  For the first time I think I understand the fighting at these three gaps and their locations relating to one another. It is amazing how confused the fighting was, and that speaks to the terrain, woods, rocks, slopes, fencing, etc. Reports are written after the fact, and we have to arrange thoughts in some cohesive manner. So on the ground at the time, it must have been even much more chaotic than the reports and letters suggest. Thanks for writing this book. First class book. ROS

Brian Jordan

• View Profile
Re: Enjoying your book. Just have a comment
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »
Robert,

Thanks so much for your kind comments about my book.  The South Mountain fight is incredibly confusing -- I think even some of the participants didn't understand it entirely.  But they did understand its significance, to be sure.  Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting on the forum -- if you have time and care to, please post your kind words on Amazon.com. 

Best,
Brian

Denny

• View Profile
Re: Enjoying your book. Just have a comment
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:18:38 PM »
Brian, what part of NE Ohio do you call home?  Just a fellow Buckeye originally from near Canton.  I have your book, and will get into it shortly.