Author Topic: The Maps of Antietam book trailer  (Read 1830 times)

SavasBeatieAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Maps of Antietam book trailer
« on: May 17, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »
The Maps of Antietam book trailer is now on Youtube! Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-d6nzRjCiM&feature=youtu.be. Let us know what you think!

History101

• View Profile
Re: The Maps of Antietam book trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »
Wow, very nice trailer!

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »
Was I dreaming, or did I hear on the trailer, that the ebook was available now?  Since I plan on getting both, will the Kindle edition be out before the print edition?

Great trailer.  I haven't bought a book since yesterday.  I'm due!!!   Help!

SavasBeatieAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 01:40:02 PM »
Hi Denny. Glad you liked the trailer. Yes, you are due to purchase your daily book!

The Maps of Antietam will be available as an ebook, but we try to coincide release of a physical book with that of an ebook to occur simultaneously. So, I guess the wording on the trailer that the ebook is available now was a little premature. =)

CW4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
I have a question: Do you make these for every book? How do you decide which books? I saw you did one for Unholy Sabbath too.

Looks great, by the way. On my To Read list, of course!

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
That's a good question. It depends on a number of factors. Ideally, we like to release a book trailer months before a book comes out. This way it will help our readers get a sense of what the book is about, what it covers, and furthermore, get some great visuals. We collect a lot of advanced orders for signed, personalized copies after a book trailer is released!

We create a book trailer depending on the type of book, when it is released, and the other types of advanced marketing and publicity we are doing for the book.

We put a lot of time into our trailers and our graphic designer David Van Dusen does some great work. Our trailers have come a long way since we started making them, and we are incorporating unique and exciting elements with each new one! You can view all of our book trailers on the Savas Beatie YouTube channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/militarybooks