Author Topic: Kindle Maps of Antietam  (Read 2931 times)

Denny

• View Profile
Kindle Maps of Antietam
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »
Holy Moly,  I just downloaded "The Maps of Antietam" to my kindle and kindle for PC.  Never expected it to be available yet.  Thanks for releasing it sooner than expected.  Am I right in thinking the publisher sets kindle prices  If so, thanks for the very favorable price.

It's Christmas in June.  Now I need the real book,  "To have and to hold"

Sarah

• View Profile
    • On Marketing
Re: Kindle Maps of Antietam
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »
Hi Denny,

So glad to hear this. I was able to get a peek at it on my ipad last week and it was really nice. We usually try to time the ebook and hardcover releases for new books to be around the same time. The ebook won in this case.

Ebook pricing is a confusing thing, especially when you look at different scenarios on different digital platforms. The Kindle price is determined by Amazon, much like the discounts they give on hardcover and paperback books.

The ebook for The Maps of Chickamauga was a little late to the party (not timed with the hardcover release), so you can look for that on Amazon now too.

Enjoy!

Sarah

Denny

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Maps of Antietam
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
Hi Sarah, and thanks for responding.  I was always told that the publishers set the price of Kindle books.  Now you are telling me that Amazon sets them.  This is very confusing, since the Kindle discussion board is filled with irate customers on the high price of Kindle books.

Everyone is telling them not to blame Amazon, the publishers set their own prices on ebooks.

There are some outrageous prices on some ebooks, but you don't have to buy them, just like everything else that you feel is overpriced.

Anyway, you know me, I have to have both ebook and hard copy.  The ebook to read and the other to collect.  Take care!