Author Topic: Production Update  (Read 1424 times)

SavasBeatieAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Production Update
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
We are gearing up for a very busy summer at Savas Beatie with many books in production. Here's the latest timeline:

- Protecting the Flank at Gettysburg: August 5. Incorporated additional recently found material and finalizing formatting.
- The Petersburg Campaign, Volume 1: September 5. Changed cartographers (now 25 maps), on the way to the printer!
- Divided Loyalties: August 15. Final formatting now.
- Benedict Arnold in the Company of Heroes: On schedule. Final formatting now.
- The Iron Brigade in the Civil War: September 5. Delayed for inclusion of additional unpublished photos and recent letter collection discoveries. Will be worth the wait!
- German Ground Forces of World War II: October. Undergoing last round of editing, but is a very slow process with a title like this. Sorry for the delay.
- The Petersburg Campaign, Volume 2: October. Underway now, including map production.
- The Last Battle of Winchester: October. Editing complete, awaiting map finalization.
- The Second Day at Gettysburg: October. This was to have been a reprint, but was expanded to full Day 2 coverage of attack and defense of Cemetery Ridge, with 31 complete maps (all complete).
- The Gettysburg Campaign in Numbers and Losses: November: Final editing and design work underway.

We are also adding more detailed updates to our website so please keep an eye on the book page for each title you're looking forward to on our website! http://savasbeatie.com/books.htm

What book are you anticipating the most?

Denny

• View Profile
Re: Production Update
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
I'm waiting on all the Gettysburg titles, including the Gettysburg Campaign Encyclopedia.  By the way, what is the latest on the coffee mugs?

At the latest count I have 44 of your publications, which include hardcover, softcover and Kindle format.  Some titles are in both print and Kindle.

All your new ones sound interesting.  Keep up the good work, and let's be careful out there.  It's a jungle.

CW4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
Wow, Denny, you are ahead of me in books. But my collection does continue to grow and grow . . .

For me, most looking forward to the Petersburg and Iron Brigade books, I think.

Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »
CW, I can't seem to get rid of the Gettysburg "bug".  It's always been my number one battle to study.  Lately I have been picking up a lot of non-Gettysburg books, especially on the Monitor.  Seems to be a lot of interest in it as they bring more of the wreck to the surface.  I've been retired for 16 months and I haven't been anywhere.

I need to get to Lincoln's Cottage, The Marine Corps Museum, and a whole bunch of other places in that general area, including Winchester Va. where we were married almost 41 years ago.