Please do not send your manuscript without first inquiring whether we are interested in viewing it. Instead, send us a brief query letter via e-mail. This letter must include the following information:
- Working title and topic area (Civil War, WWII, etc.);
- Thesis paragraph (what your work is about, and how it differs from other published works on the subject);
- Projected length (typed pages / words);
- Estimated date of completion;
- A discussion of the sources you are using to produce your manuscript;
- A brief bio about you (education, background, and why you are qualified to write this book);
- Any other pertinent details that may help us.
Please keep this e-mail query letter as brief as possible.
Savas Beatie style sheet
We ask that you DO NOT include any attachments with this first e-mail. We do not need to see any of your work at this point.
We strongly prefer e-mail query letters. Please click here to send your query. If for some reason you are unable to comply and instead need to send us a letter, and you require a reply in writing (as opposed to a reply via e-mail), include a SASE. This makes it much easier and faster for us to answer your inquiry in a timely manner.
Savas Beatie LLC
P.O. Box 4527
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Voice: 916-941-6896 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F, PST)
We look forward to hearing from you!