Essential Gettysburg Series
BOOK # 2 IS COMING IN EARLY SPRING 2023 AND WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
THE FIRST BOOK ON THE BLISS FARM IS 2/3s SOLD OUT!
We promise The Savas Beatie Essential Gettysburg Series will be like nothing you have seen before.
This series (2-3 titles a year) will include original manuscripts and facsimile reprints of long out-of-print classics (with updated Forewords) suitable for shorter to medium-length publications.
Here are some of the "bells and whistles" you asked for that we will include:
1. Small Print Run: 700 copies;
2. Quality Paper: 50-lb. acid-free off-white matte art paper;
3. Numbered: Each copy will be uniquely hand-numbered on the title page;
4. Signed Author Book-Plate: The first 500 copies will have one, specially designed for this series;
5. Signed by Publisher: The first 200 copies will be signed by Mr. Savas on the title page next to the SB logo;
6. Three-piece Case Binding: The spine and an inch on the front and back are blue goatskin will be in on high-quality leather/cloth, and the balance of the front and back in a different color high quality cloth.
7. Ribbon: A lovely bookmark ribbon will be bound into each book.
8. SERIES NUMBER: The number of the book in the series will be printed on the spine.
The price is exceptionally reasonable. Why? Because we are bypassing middlemen like Amazon, etc. to go directly to you. Your price reflects that savings.
Series Editor: Meet Mitchell Yockelson. We wanted a fresh set of eyes on the campaign and battle. Mitch is an award-winning military historian, editor, and investigative archivist with the National Archives. He has studied the Civil War for much of his life, but has primarily published on other military topics. His books include Borrowed Soldiers: Americans under British Command, 1918 (2016), Forty-Seven Days: How Pershing’s Warriors Came of Age to Defeat the German Army in World War I (2016), The Paratrooper Generals: Matthew Ridgway, Maxwell Taylor, and the American Airborne from D-Day through Normandy (2020), and much more, including articles and book reviews. Mitch is a former professor at the U.S. Naval Academy. He lives in Annapolis, Maryland.
We have several titles under active development for the series:
BOOK 1: Over a Wide, Hot Crimson Plain: The Struggle for the Bliss Farm at Gettysburg, July 2 and 3, 1863, by the late Elwood Christ (former Licensed Battlefield Guide), with a special introduction by award-winning author and LBG James Hessler. January 2022.
PRE-ORDER NOW. PAY WHEN BOOKS ARRIVE.
Thank you for your support.