How do I order Savas Beatie titles?
The "Add to Cart" button is provided for each title throughout the website for convenient purchasing. We provide an online payment system that is easy, fast, and secure via Paypal (an eBay Company), Paypal Credit, and all major credit cards.
Do you accept international orders?
We regularly ship books overseas. However, Casemate UK of London, England handles our distribution to the general trade in the European market.
Does the standard shipping charge cover International shipping?
No. It covers only domestic shipping. Please contact us for international shipping charges.
Yes. Anytime we post a book on our website, you may pre-order a copy or send us an email to let us know your interest in the book. The order will ship as soon as the book becomes available. Your method of payment will be held until the order ships, or you will be asked to submit payment before the book ships.
- Please write to us on your department letterhead and include your course title(s) and your adoption decision deadline.
- Paperback titles are offered free, with a $4.00 shipping charge. All hardcover editions are offered at a 40% discount plus $4.00 shipping.
- If the book does not meet your teaching needs, and you do not wish to keep it for personal use, you may return the book in as-new saleable condition (including wrap jacket) within 30 days for a full refund (except for shipping). If you decide to adopt the book for class use, and have ordered at least 10 copies from your bookstore, send us a copy of the bookstore order along with your invoice, or the bookstore phone number and your PO#, and we will issue a refund for the price of your book.
Click HERE to send us an email with your request.
Can I send in an unsolicited manuscript?
Savas Beatie LLC does not accept unsolicited manuscripts and refuses to take any responsibility for any manuscript submitted in this manner.
All sales into the North American and overseas book trade must be placed through:
1950 Lawrence Road
Havertown, PA 19083
Phone: (610) 853-9131
All reseller orders are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. It is the buyer's responsibility to carefully pack items you intend to return. Books will only be accepted if packed 2-up in the original cartons received, or 2-up in suitable cartons suitable to withstand cross-country shipment. All books will be carefully inspected upon return, and they must be returned in the same mint as-new sellable condition as they were received.
2. No credit or refund will be issued for any items returned that are not in an as-new condition. This includes the following: bumped corners; torn, creased, marred, or stained dust jackets; torn or creased pages; stickered, and/or autographed copies, or any other blemishes incurred while in the possession of the buyer or during return transportation to seller.
3. All books returned for credit or refund, unless otherwise agreed in writing, are subject to a restocking fee of 20% if returned within 30 days of receipt. No books are returnable to us after 120 days of receipt.
4. Invoices for remaining books (after returns for a previously agreed upon credit or refund) are subject to an adjusted reseller pricing discount based on the number of copies kept/sold instead of ordered. The buyer assumes all shipping costs for returned books.
5. Books sold at a custom, bulk discount of 52% or more off the suggested retail price are non-returnable, unless previously agreed to in writing.
6. Our standard reseller discounts apply to any books currently in stock or shipping from the printer within two weeks from the time that the order is placed. A discount from one order of titles in stock cannot carry over to an order for unreleased titles, unless the unreleased book/s will ship from the printer within two weeks of the date the order was placed.
Privacy Issues and the Standard Legal Mumbo Jumbo (read it anyway).
How does Savas Beatie Use your Information?
On occasion, you will come across places on our website that ask you to voluntarily provide information about yourself. In most cases, this is only your e-mail address so we can send you the specific information you request from us, such as our monthly e-Letter update. In other instances, such as a free book or prize contest, we request both your e-mail address and your name (along with the contest answer) in order to contact you by name if you are the winner. Occasionally, we may ask for your opinion, feedback, or critical suggestions about how to improve our customer service or product line, and provide you with a link for e-mailing us your response. If you purchase a book through Savas Beatie LLC (either by phone, fax, mail, or online), it will be necessary for us to collect additional information for billing and shipping, such as your full name, home/shipping address, phone number, and credit card information. Any time any information is every provided to Savas Beatie LLC, it is voluntary on your port; if you do not wish to reveal your name, e-mail address, or any other information, you may ignore our offers to do so. If you voluntarily decide to participate, your name or e-mail address will never be used for any purpose other than as stated unless we have permission from you to do so, and we will never sell or rent your name or address to third parties that are not directly affiliated with Savas Beatie LLC. For example, if you purchase a book or other item for sale from our website, we may share your credit card information with an independent third party service whose function is to verify the information you provide.
Another area of our website where we may ask for your name, a username, or additional information is on bulletin boards or forums associated with Savas Beatie LLC. These places will allow you to participate in a discussion of a particular subject by posting written comments which are made entirely public. Your name (or username) is so that other people reading comments will be able to determine who made them. If you prefer to keep your real name private, you may provide a username or nickname for public display. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information, such as a username or e-mail address on the bulletin boards or forums, third parties may collect that information and use it for their own purposes. This might result in unsolicited messages from other users of the forums or bulletin boards or other parties. Even if you participate anonymously through a username, nickname, or your own identify, you are still legally liable for the material you post, including claims of libel, invasion of privacy, and copyright infringement.
We take all reasonable steps to protect any information you voluntarily provide us from theft, alteration, or unauthorized inspection. As instances of computer hacking and security breach headlines across the world demonstrated, not even the most carefully encrypted sites are hack-free. We use secure servers, and always monitor our site for any attacks, as does Go Daddy, our service provider.
Restrictions on Use
Ownership of Copyright
This site contains material that is owned or licensed by Savas Beatie LLC. You may not copy, reproduce, upload, post, distribute, republish, retransmit, or modify in any way any of the material on this site, including computer code and software. If you obtain prior written permission, or retain any and all copyright, trademark and/or other proprietary notices, you may download material for your personal, non-commercial use, or for publicity purposes.
License to Savas Beatie LLC
By posting messages, sending e-mails, answering questions, or otherwise communicating with Savas Beatie LLC through its Web site (a "Communication"), you are granting Savas Beatie LLC a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, display, sublicense, adapt, transmit and copy such Communication. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such Communication, including but not limited to rights under trademark, copyright, service mark or patent laws in any relevant jurisdiction.
This Web site contains or will soon contain bulletin boards, contests, news features, and/or other features governed by additional rules. Please read those rules, posted or linked at each feature, before participating as they form part of these Terms to which you agree through your continued use of this site. Also, please note that your postings to any bulletin boards or forums on this site become immediately public and will be accessible to anyone on the Internet.
Exclusion of Liability
YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS "AS IS", AND SAVAS BEATIE LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT ITS SITE OR THE MATERIAL CONTAINED OR REFERRED TO ON IT, AND WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR YOUR USE OF IT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, SAVAS BEATIE LLC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SAVAS BEATIE LLC FURTHER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ITS WEB SITE OR THE PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON SUCH SITE ARE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER FROM WHICH IT IS RUN IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL CODES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL SAVAS BEATIE LLC OR ANY AFFILIATED COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND EXPENSES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, HEALTH PROBLEMS, LOST PROFITS, AND DAMAGES ARISING FROM LOST DATA, COMPUTER VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SAVASBEATIE.COM SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SAVASBEATIE.COM SITE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SAVAS BEATIE LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR DISCONTINUE AT ANY TIME ANY ASPECT OR FEATURE OF THIS WEB SITE.
Because some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Links to Other Web Sites
Savas Beatie LLC may have provided links with other internet sites that are maintained by third parties, and may from time to time provide materials from such third party sites on this Web site. Neither Savas Beatie LLC, nor its subsidiaries or affiliates in any way control the material contained on or the services or products offered through such third party sites. These terms and conditions apply solely to the Savas Beatie LLC site and you should always review the terms and conditions of any site that you access through a link from this site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Savas Beatie LLC and any affiliated company or individual harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees related to any violation of these Terms by you or your authorized users, or in connection with the use of the Web site or the Internet or the placement or transmission of any message or information on this Web site by you or your authorized users. Savas Beatie LLC shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall reasonably cooperate with you, at your expense, in your defense of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
This agreement may be terminated by Savas Beatie LLC at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to have access to the site, and all limitations on Savas Beatie LLC's liability and on your use of Savas Beatie LLC material shall survive.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles, and venue shall be in the state or federal courts located in the state of New York. If any provision of this agreement is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then such provision shall be severed from the agreement and the remainder of the agreement shall remain in effect.
Contact Savas Beatie LLC