Please carefully read the instructions below. This is a process that demonstrates who we can work with, and who is willing to work with us.
We look forward to eventually reviewing your manuscript but we do not want it now. Keep in mind that we receive many queries, submissions, and manuscripts each day.
NOTE: If you are interested in submitting an essay for consideration in The Campaign for Atlanta & Sherman's March to the Sea, edited by David A. Woodbury and Theodore P. Savas, please note that on your submission.
1. Do you know what type of books we publish? You must know this before you query us. If we do not publish what you are writing, we will not take the time to reply.
We publish military history, and specifically focus on American wars (Revolution, Civil War, World War II, etc.). We are not seeking fiction or any other genres at this time. If your manuscript falls outside these parameters, please do not send us your query.
2. Do NOT send your manuscript. Inquire first whether we are interested in viewing it. Send us a brief query letter via e-mail. This letter must include the following information:
- Working title and topic area (American Revolution, Civil War, WWII, etc.);
- Thesis paragraph (what your work is about);
- Projected length in words (include notes);
- Estimated date of completion;
- A discussion of the sources you are using to produce your manuscript. If you have a bibliography prepared you may attach it as a word or PDF file.
- A brief bio about you (education, background, and why you are qualified to write this book);
- Whether you have submitted it to another press, and whether it has been rejected (and why, if you know);
- Any other pertinent details that may help us, including: other books on the same or a similar topic and why yours is different and should be published;
- Finally what are YOU willing to do to help market and sell your book. In today's book world, author assistance is critical to a book's success. Authors who are active in social media, speak to various groups, and are willing to conduct tours or do book signings move to the head of the line.
Please keep this e-mail query letter as brief as possible.
NOTE: We do NOT accept multiple submissions, so if you want us to review your manuscript, you will have to agree to give us an exclusive 60-day window to do so.
3. DO NOT include any attachments with this first e-mail unless it is your bibliography, as mentioned above. We do not need to see any of your work at this point unless otherwise noted above.
Click HERE to send your email.
If for some reason you are unable to comply and need to send us a letter, and you require a reply in writing (as opposed to a reply via e-mail), include a SASE. This makes it much easier and faster for us to answer your inquiry in a timely manner.
We appreciate you following these guidelines. It is the only way we can filter through the volume.
989 Governor Drive, Suite 102
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762