Forthcoming new titles this Fall from some of the best Civil Wars working today! Each book is either at the printer, or in final formatting stages. You can pre-order them NOW on this website -- just put them on your wishlist!
1. The Real Horse Soldiers: Benjamin Grierson’s Epic 1863 Civil War Raid Through Mississippi, by Timothy B. Smth. Honestly, I had no idea the raid was this important, this complex, this daring, this dangerous, and this impactful.
2. Holding the Line on the River of Death: Union Mounted Forces at Chickamauga, September 18, 1863, by Eric J. Wittenberg. Eric does for Chickamauga what he did for Buford and the Union cavalry at Gettysburg.
3. Union Command Failure in the Shenandoah: Major General Franz Sigel and the War in the Valley of Virginia, May 1864, by Dave Powell. Stretch your mind in this arena and learn how important what happened here was to the main armies fighting in central Virginia.
4. Meade and Lee at Bristoe Station: The Problems of Command and Strategy after Gettysburg, from Brandy Station to the Buckland Races, August 1 to October 31, 1863, by Jeffrey Hunt (Jeff is the author of the bestselling Meade and Lee After Gettysburg, which rewrites when the campaign ended, and is the first of three volumes covering post-Gettysburg through the end of 1863.)
5. The Million-Dollar Man Who Helped Kill a President: George Washington Gayle and the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln, by Christopher McIllwain. The evidence here will shock the hell out of you.